If you run a bakery, then you understand that the bakery industry can be competitive. Therefore, you have to do everything you can to separate yourself from your competitors. One of the ways you can do so is by having a strong bakery website.
Today, the vast majority of people use the internet when they are trying to find products and services they require. This includes those who are looking for baking services and baked goods. What do you do when you are looking for something unique? You probably use a search engine, take a look at the results, and pick the best option for you. Your potential customers are going to do the same thing, which is why having a website is important for your bakery business.
As you are learning all about bakery business, you will quickly realize there are numerous benefits to having a website. These include:
- Making it much easier for your potential customers to find you when they are looking for baked goods.
- Providing an easy way for you to interact with your customers and clients without having to ask them to come into your store, including reviews.
- Alleviating pressure on your phone lines by allowing your customer to place their orders online.
- Generating another revenue stream for your business because you may be able to collect payments for orders online as well.
- Having an easy portal to update information about your business including new locations, changes in hours, and new products and services you provide.
These are just a few of the many reasons why you have to have a strong website if you want your bakery business to be successful. At the same time, there are plenty of baking business ideas out there. You need to think carefully about your website design. A few factors you should think about when you are putting together your website include:
- You need to make sure your website loads quickly for potential customers and clients.
- You must make sure your website can handle a wide variety of payment methods so that you can process as many orders as possible.
- If you are handling payment information from your customers, you must make sure the website is secure so you protect their confidential information.
In order for you to get the most out of your bakery business, you need to invest in the right software program to help you. That way, you can process online orders from your customers.
Bakery Online Ordering
If you dream of owning a successful bakery, you may be wondering, what do I need for a bakery business? Of course, you need to get the right ingredients, have the right training, hire the right people, and purchase the right equipment. At the same time, you also need to have an online bakery ordering system.
Even though there will always be some customers who prefer to come to your bakery in person to place an order, there are lots of people who prefer to place their orders online. Therefore, you need to make sure you can accept as many online orders as possible. There are several benefits you will enjoy by creating the ability to accept orders online. A few examples include:
- You make the process more convenient for your employees and customers because your customers do not have to wait in line and your employees do not have to worry about mistaking verbal communication when taking orders.
- You can generate more revenue for your business because you are no longer limited by the number of orders your employees can process at the cash register.
- You can reduce the number of mistakes that are made during orders because customers can type their information directly into the computer, where your employees will have an easier time interpreting their wishes.
- You can also offer more options to your customers online, expanding your catchment area and attracting new business.
- You might be able to process more types of payment online than you can in person, allowing you to attract new customers to your company.
Clearly, there are a lot of benefits you will enjoy if you create the ability to collect orders online. Because there are so many software options available, you may be wondering how you can find the best one to meet your needs. You should think about the needs of your company when you are trying to find the right system for your business. The right system for one company may not necessarily be the right system for another company.
In particular, you should try to find a system that is scalable. This means that as your business grows, the system is going to grow with you. For example, you may be processing twice as many orders next year as you are this year. If that is the case, you need to make sure the software program can keep up with your business. Otherwise, you may have to switch programs, which can be expensive. If you are having trouble finding the right software program to help your bakery, you may want to reach out to a professional who can help you.
Bakery Online Ordering Software
If you are wondering how to run your own bakery, you need to think carefully about your bakery ordering system. This includes your online bakery shop. As you were evaluating different software programs, there are several factors you should consider. These include:
- Production Limits: You need to make sure you do not overwhelm your bakery staff. You should find a program that allows you to set production limits so that customers cannot place orders before your employees are ready. This will keep your employees happy and prevent customers from being frustrated by long wait times.
- Offers and Promotions: You should also find a program that allows you to create offers and promotions. If you run specials from time to time, you could find a program that can accommodate this. This is a great way for you to drum up more interest in your bakery business.
- User Accounts: Ideally, you will have plenty of repeat customers. You want a program that can remember customer orders. That way, customers can save time when they place more orders in the future. This is a great way to encourage customer loyalty to your business.
At the same time, you have to think carefully when you are setting up your online ordering system. A few factors you need to consider if you want your online ordering system to be successful include:
- Speed: You also should make sure your online ordering system is fast. If you add too many steps to the process, people are going to get frustrated and stop using the system. Keep your cart abandonment rate low by making sure customers can process their orders as quickly as possible.
- Communication: You must make sure there is a regular line of communication between the online ordering system and your bakery business. Ensure no orders are going to get lost in the shuffle. You don’t want someone showing up at the business without having their order ready.
- Updates: You should try to find an online ordering system that can keep your customers updated regarding the process of their orders. That way, they know when to show up at the business. This can reduce clutter in the lobby as well.
You should take a look at your online ordering system from time to time. Analyze what is working well, what is not, and what you can do to improve your system. If you take steps to improve your online ordering system, you can keep your customers and employees happy, growing your business in the process.
BakeSmart Bakery Online Ordering System
Ultimately, if you are looking for the best bakery order management system for your business, then you should use the online bakery ordering system from BakeSmart. Even though there are plenty of software programs out there, you need to find one that has been specifically designed for your bakery. That way, you will have access to a wide variety of features that can streamline your online order management system. If you can save time, you can process more orders, generating more business for your company.
There are several advantages you will enjoy if you decide to go with the online bakery system from BakeSmart. These include:
- Easy Set Up Process: First, the program is very easy to set up. You do not have to worry about shutting down your entire business just to learn how to use a new program. Instead of having to worry about numerous maintenance processes, this is a program that will take care of itself.
- Specialty Features: With this program, you will have access to a wide variety of specialty features that are important for running a bakery. This includes the ability to set limits, giving your bakery plenty of time and notice when an order is placed.
- Custom Menu Options: You can also create custom menu options. For example, if you are dealing with custom cake orders, you can make sure they are priced properly every time. This includes decorations, icing, feeling, and flavors. You can also build in upcharges for certain cakes.
- User Accounts: You can also allow your customers to create user accounts. That way, they can sign and quickly mark favorite menu items. This allows them to reorder items quickly, increasing revenue for your business.
There are numerous other features you will enjoy as well. For example, you can enjoy a point of sale (POS) system that has been specifically designed for bakeries. You can customize all of these options, making sure you can accept as many payment options as possible. This makes it easier for you to meet the needs of your customers.
You also don’t have to worry about handwritten sheets. Now, everything is automated, allowing you to automatically pull inventory when you are concerned you might be running out of something. This helps you save time when you are trying to manage your bakery.
If you want to place your bakery in the best position possible to be successful, then use a software program that has been specifically designed for bakeries such as BakeSmart. Schedule a demo today!